- Annewiek, what do you consider to be the biggest gift that Sociocracy is able to give to organizations in the 21th century?
By adding Sociocratic Circle organization Method we change the power structure and create a new* hierarchy. We eliminate the negative effect and keep the positive aspects.
The decision making becomes more transparent and organisations more dynamic and steerable.
- What is still most fascinating to you while working with and within Sociocracy for decades?
That I don’t have to be perfect and may make mistakes. I feel free to do and lead – as certified sociocracy expert, as former leader of the Dutch office and now as leader of TSG. I like to move forward fast. In case I am going to fast or far they can stop me. I feel free, connected and supported.
That I am connected and attuned with the relevant environment by the ‘Board of wisdom’ (Top circle). It helps me to look from more distance (higher perspective) to what we are doing.
And SCM has made a better human being of me. The learning attitude**.
- Looking at for example young start-up-people who are fascinated by Jos de Blok etc. and want to organize companies without hierarchy – what do you recommend?
Use the ‘Circle Constitution’ to organize the equivalency in the decision making. Create a board of wisdom (Top circle) to help you. Asking for help or support doesn’t mean that you hand over your power. In conflicts it is the safeguard of the organisation.
- As far as you are concerned, what would be helpful to develop Sociocracy further?
Life long development of individuals, organisations and social science.
Development = learning, teaching, discovering and practicing of the sociocratic construction rules to be equivalent in the decision making. Equivalency of Me, We (including Me) and It (including we).
Thank you, Annewiek!
* “New hierarchy” ist eine zielbezogene Hierarachie der Prozesse, nicht eine der Macht über Menschen.
** “Learning Attitude” meint die Bereitschaft, sich – auch als Führungsperson – korrigieren zu lassen. Mit anderen Worten: Wenn mein Verhalten in Frage gestellt wird, sich damit zu befassen, ins Gespräch zu gehen und – wenn nötig – mich auf eine Änderung einzulassen.